I havent a clue - plants with oscars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hiya I'm new to fish keeping . I have some baby oscars in a 165ltr tank until they out grow it , in the mean time I'd like to no what live plants I can put in with them , I honestly don't no were to start so any advice of help wud be verry appreciated

I'm going to assume you know those oscars are going to outgrow your tank quickly.

As far as plants, first you need to have enough light to support plants. What kind of light do you have?

Yeh Ino got plenty of tank space , when they out grow that there of into a 330 ltr tank , and yeh I hav plenty of light ,

Ha. Oscars and plants...

Some of them tolerate them, but it seems that most (that I've heard of) have a very particular way they like their tanks, and their floor plan usually doesn't include plants...

I actually knew a guy once who put a bunch of plants in a hamster ball to entertain his oscar. The fish would chase the ball around all day trying to get at the plants.

plants + oscar = Uprooted torn up plants they are basicly a toy for oscars. I wouldnt do it honestly.

Back
Top Bottom