Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just noticed.... =]

Well in the last week I noticed that I am having an issue with brown algae and either staghorn or bba. So my daughter and I were looking at the tank and I decided to move one of my crypts. And then I remembered that it might cause them to melt. So I got to thinking. I just did a big planting of a bunch of different stuff from those little packs from Petsmart. I would say the first planting was around 3 weeks ago and the second just about a week ago.
I did hairgrass, Staurogyne repens, Cryptocoryne balansae, and telanthera cardinalis. I was really worried that my plants were doing ok. Especially after I almost killed my anubias with h2o2 trying to kill that algae on the leaves (note to self just because you can easily get a plant sprayed down with peroxide to kill algae doesn't mean you should. It eats your plants too!) I have been beating myself up with everything I have done wrong never thinking about all the stuff I have done right. So I went back through and looked through my pictures and low and behold everything is growing by leaps and bounds!

This is right after the original rescape. I have changed it up since I did it and add in my second batch of the cardinalis the first I should have never purchased as it turned straight to mush.

Not sure why these pics look cloudy the water is very clear. But these are from tonight.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

so three weeks of growth. good progress

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com