I just noticed.... =]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flitabout

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well in the last week I noticed that I am having an issue with brown algae and either staghorn or bba. So my daughter and I were looking at the tank and I decided to move one of my crypts. And then I remembered that it might cause them to melt. So I got to thinking. I just did a big planting of a bunch of different stuff from those little packs from Petsmart. I would say the first planting was around 3 weeks ago and the second just about a week ago.
I did hairgrass, Staurogyne repens, Cryptocoryne balansae, and telanthera cardinalis. I was really worried that my plants were doing ok. Especially after I almost killed my anubias with h2o2 trying to kill that algae on the leaves (note to self just because you can easily get a plant sprayed down with peroxide to kill algae doesn't mean you should. It eats your plants too!) I have been beating myself up with everything I have done wrong never thinking about all the stuff I have done right. So I went back through and looked through my pictures and low and behold everything is growing by leaps and bounds!

This is right after the original rescape. I have changed it up since I did it and add in my second batch of the cardinalis the first I should have never purchased as it turned straight to mush.

Not sure why these pics look cloudy the water is very clear. But these are from tonight.

Back
Top Bottom