I just spent an hour rescaping and cleaning the heck out of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my 6.6 gallon tank at work. when it unclouds tomorrow, I will take a picture.

When I was out of work for 15 days with meningitis, a coworker was kind enough to feed the fish, but they did not turn the lights off at night. I came back to algaestock '07. I must have had every kind of freshwater algae under the sun in the tank, on the outer rim of the tank, on the ornaments, smothering the plants (some looked like grey papa smurf beards), and the water was pea soup green.

Other than an immediate 70% h2o change the day I got back, today was the first time I had any time to evaluate and make repairs. I drained the tank, scrubbed the ornaments, trimmed and salvaged plants (down to about 30% of the original planted volume) and re-scaped.

It looks fairly bare in comparison to what it was (fairly planted). But at least there is no more algae. It was a pain to clean.

Now I want to go home and do the same to my 55. the one in the log link in my sig. Totally dismantle it and re-scape, trim all traces of algae, etc. etc.

But I am moving in a month....must...hold...off...............

Man, if i get enough beer in me tonight, it might be an overhaul in New Lake City.

You're weird. I don't even want to think about my tank after a large cleaning.. :)

I'd recommend you either go to town on your 55 RIGHT NOW, or forget about it. Even on a small tank you might find joints aching tomorrow. I know after a huge renovation and PWC (I do 5-gallon PWC's by hand...) I feel like I got hit by a truck, and I'm only 26. :D

Be careful when overhauling New Lake City. I've heard there are some bad neighborhoods and shady characters in certain parts :p

The Rummynose Gang has merged with the VRDSM, and the leaders are giving me the stink eye. I think i'd be better off drinking beer until the urge passes.

Back
Top Bottom