I need co2 suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twood9615

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 34 gallon planted tank running right now and I want to add a co2 system. However I'm not sure what to get or where to find a nice one at a reasonable price so can you guys give me some suggestions. Thanks

I just bought a Sista CO2 system off ebay, it's for a tank to 200Lt, cost was $21au, the refill cyclinders are $20 for 3. I am new at CO2, so thought i would go this way until i am more confident in it's use to go for a bigger system. Unfortunately I'm not very clever when it comes to diy. If you are okay at diy, just google it, there are heaps of step by step instructions on utube

Aquatek makes decent regulators for the value. GLA makes even better regulators but will cost more.

Yeah I've looked at gla but I don't have that kinda money lol thanks for the suggestions guys I'll look into them

Aquatek Premium Regulator with cool touch solenoid for about $90. Can use a paintball tank initially (with an adaptor) and switch to larger tanks as needed.

To set up a press. co2 system, must haves:
Co2 cylinder
Co2 tube[any tubing will not work since they cannot withstand the pressure from the cylinder]
check valve
regulator/solenoid
diffuser/reactor/atomiser; and
bubble counter

These can be purchased via amazon or ebay. However you may get them cheaper in your locality or in its vicinity[other members can help you on that].

Attachments

• Podio_co2_jbj_regulator.jpg
    Podio_co2_jbj_regulator.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 67
  • co2.jpg
    co2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom