I need help/advice!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtlipton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK I dont know if you guys remember me, but you might remember me setting up a guppy tank. Well, now I have a flourishing tank with two male guppies and 4 females along with a few successful fry. I really want to eliminate the whole breeding net thing to increase the chance of fry survival, so I though of java moss. Heres the thing: Would I be able to replace my plastic plants with java moss? And if so, could some of you give me any advice for the java moss. etc. Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about java moss is it doesn't really look like anything unless you create a carpet out of it or attach it to rock or dw. It is excellent for hiding fry though.

But with that many female guppies by increasing fry survival rate you're going to eventually need another tank or give/sell them away.

image-2906491236.jpg

This some java I have attached to dw in my tank.

Java moss (or any moss) is a great fry-saver, but at the end of the day it's still a plant, and needs to be cared for to get the best results, including good lights, maintenance, ferts if necessary, etc.

Java moss (or any moss) is a great fry-saver, but at the end of the day it's still a plant, and needs to be cared for to get the best results, including good lights, maintenance, ferts if necessary, etc.

Ok so I have these coralife compact fluorescent/actinic blue 50/50 bulbs. Would that be good lighting for java moss

Java moss is very easy to care for. Can be kept in standard lighting and doesn't really need ferts. On the other hand more lighting and ferts will increase its growth rate.

Back
Top Bottom