I need to make my tank look better help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my 10 gallon tank http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/Cherokeeluvr/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsf87ae2af.jpg hopefully that link works if not I'll try again. I really dislike how this tank looks and I want to make it better. Should I add any driftwood or rocks and what kind/color and where? Or/and should I add more plants? If so which ones? I have 10,000k light bulbs and diy co2. Any suggestions would be really helpful! I'm beyond anything I can think of know and need other people's help. Also if you have plants for sale that would look good in the tank let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also how can I get the microsword and NLCS to carpet?

I would go with a "flatter" background (just straight black or white). Maybe get a more interesting piece of driftwood with more branches on it. If not that, then put your two hardscape pieces at different point in the foreground/background and at different hieghts so they don't look as much like they're "two things sitting right next to each other." Look at this Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds to get an idea of that. That would be my opinion, bearing in mind that I am not a lawyer, I don't play one on TV, and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn last night.

That little tank has so much potential! First off, I'd change the background. I really like a plain black background. It makes the actual things in the tank pop! It would be cool if you could get a handful or so of small white/tan stones to place around the bottom in little piles. I agree with the other poster about the rule of thirds. As far as more plants, I love Anubias. Lemon Bacopa is also an interesting plant. They have a bright dark green shiny foliage. I don't know to get the ones you have to carpet. Maybe root tabs and time? Someone else will now better than me.

After I looked at it again, what if you swap the large rock and driftwood' places? The rock by the plant makes that side of the tank look "heavy", if that makes any sense.

Ok thanks guys, I'll change the background. My mom picked it out and so I just went with it :) should I maybe also remove the Amazon sword and put something else back there? It is super thick but won't grow tall and I think maybe star grass would be cool back there! What do you think? I'll try to get some more interesting driftwood I just found this one that's why I'm using it.

I would look at some pics of some pictures of some professional aquascapes for some inspiration

Carpeting plants can be tricky. Most thick carpets are grown under high light and CO2. Plus root tabs and often sand substrate.

Lighting? You may find 10,000K to look too blue/cold. I use 6,500K and many mix the two and have one 6,500K and one 10,000K. AFAIK the 10,000K are used for Saltwater.

These are some shots of my 10g tanks. Not at all 'scaped.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421050857.300859.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421050879.486076.jpg

My rimless 10g it has a blue tone to the light. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421050977.842986.jpg

There are award winning 'scapes to give you inspiration, just don't beat yourself up if you can't match them right away ?

http://aquascapinglove.com/aquascap...-aquatic-garden-smaller-28l-category-winners/

I have looked and I've found some things I like but I wanted other people's opinions too ;) and ok.. Will diy co2 not do the trick? And it's a kind blue light but it's a daylight and a blue light. Like there are two sections of the bulb and o just rotate it to where the daylight blue is facing the water so it's a bit more white. Know it doesn't really look blue

Pretty tanks! The pics just loaded!

Thanks.
DIY is better than none. Whether this will grow a carpet ? Do you have root tabs ?

I've never attempted a carpet. I don't want to do that much trimming and I have low/med light. My club has a PAR meter so I measured all my tanks.

In the future look up Dry Start Method. That is a popular way to grow a carpet without getting algae in a highlight environment.

Yes, I use oscomote diy root tabs. (Lol I'm cheap) and is that just growing it out of water?

I'll see if I can go to the store today to get some more rocks and check out plants and get a black background

Also on that one, when I get the background I will get some for this tank too. And here is a pic I just took of the 10 gallon http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/Cherokeeluvr/Mobile Uploads/image_zpseb867c88.jpg and the white sheet is just in here for the better light and co2 then it's moving the my other tank. And the anubias petite in the bottom left corner goes i top of the big rock. I also have the rock sitting in front of the aquarium. Where should I put it?

Wow! So green and lush! What kind of lighting and do you have co2? What plant should I replace my Amazon sword with? It seems to have some diseased leaves and I don't like how short it is..

http://i.imgur.com/Y5kE587.jpg
This is a pic of my high tech pressurized co2 20L along with dry ferts..the 10g's have led lighting&i dose glut for liquid carbon..for ferts I use api leafzone&seachem comprehensive(micros&macros)..photo period of 6hrs daily..

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

I'm redoing the tank using stuff I have for now. I found some extra substrate so I added that. I will post a pic when I'm done and it's all settled

Back
Top Bottom