I think I may hate "baby tears"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish 'n' fries

Aquarium Advice Freak
You know when your a kid and there's the xmas present you must have because it's the very best thing ever? And then your folks give in and get it and you're inevitably so over it about 2 hours after xmas? Well that's how I'm feeling about baby tears.

Loved the pictures...had to have it for my new little tank. Mail ordered (cause while I love my LFS for fish...not so good for plants) Just got it today. It's a mess! Roots and leaves all over...can't quite figure out how to get the roots in the substrate without burying all the leaves. Not to mention how it's shedding all over the tank! Looked ok in the pot but now that it's out...

Anyone have any suggests how to best deal with planting this etc? (It's H. micranthemoides) Thanks!

I used a tweezers and plugged 6 stems into the gravel. In about a month I had a bush the size of a grapefruit.

Thanks Argblarg. The problem is there aren't so much stems per se as a mat of intertwined stems with roots coming off all over (ie it's hard to figure out what's supposed to be down!) I finally put what seemed most "root" in the substrate and whatever's leaves are underground will hopefully not take the whole plant when they rot. Cross your fingers for me!

You should be fine then. I didn't have any roots at all, just clippings about 2" long and they really took off after about a week (So I guess they probably rooted during this time).

Back
Top Bottom