I want to see your CO2 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm in the market for a CO2 setup. I would like to see what you folks have with a description of the parts you are using. I am also interested in where you got it and the customer service you got from that company. Also, your experiences with your setup, bad or good, would be appreciated. Do you have issues with "dumping"?

This is the setup I am considering purchasing...
http://www.aquariumplants.com/product_p/co2-a1.htm
...or some sort of variation on this centered around the electronic regulator.

Thanks for your time.

IMO you can't beat the MA957 from Milwaukee. Mine has been going strong for years, never had a problem.

$89 - Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator, Free Priority Shipping!

$89 shipped includes most of what you need - regulator, needlevalve, selenoid, bubble counter.

You would need to get a CO2 tank ($40-80).

You would also need to add a method of diffusion - you could build an inline reactor with parts from home depot and about a 1/2 hour for $10.

Here is a pic of mine: Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - fort384's Album: 29g FW planted - Picture

If space and aesthetics are a concern, and price is not, I also have a 74-YA ADA system. It is amazing for a small tank... but also pricey.

IMO the system you linked is overpriced and includes things you just don't need. The pH controller is not a requirement. I do have an SMS122 hooked up to 1 of my systems, but it is by no means a requirement. A timer works just as well.

I can try:

img_1686171_0_6d32ad0c9217eb0e57c3f6b0d16bea55.jpg

img_1686171_1_2432fb14b420e80ca940349918a5c105.jpg

img_1686171_2_ab508e05cb5196009f92d69c3a3d360c.jpg

img_1686171_3_e3fadcef7cb9df48ea4584104f0b6e37.jpg

:D

Custom built fully stainless Steel dual stage regulator with dual swagelok needle valves and nickle plated bubble counters.

For diffusion I use a pair of aquariumplants.com CarbonDoser EXT 5000's plumbed into my system.

Craig

Thanks for the replies. Nice systems all. As far as dumping issues are concerned... Getting around this would just be a matter of refilling the co2 before the pressure got to low in the tank, no?

fort384 said:
IMO the system you linked is overpriced and includes things you just don't need. The pH controller is not a requirement. I do have an SMS122 hooked up to 1 of my systems, but it is by no means a requirement. A timer works just as well.
Yes, it is pricey but... The electronic gadget removes two of the most failure prone units from the system, the solenoid and the needle valve. IMO that might just be worth the extra 100$ right there as it will cost that much just to replace each of those one time. They also guarantee no dumping and has a three year warranty. The 122 I can do without so I can shave off another 100$ right there.

Back
Top Bottom