ID and help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtez

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought this plant 3 weeks ago, and it's been healthily growing the whole time. Gradually some of the leaves have died, but many are developing these spots and I'm not sure what's wrong with them. My amazon sword has some spots too but they're much smaller and I'm not overly concerned about them.

It was sold as cardamine, but I'm not sure it's cardamine lyrata, the leaves look a bit rounder than what I've seen in some pictures. It produced some white flowers when it was first planted, most of which have died now, but I included a picture of one of the last ones surviving.

If anyone has any info on what this plant is or how I can get it back to full health from the spots thats appreciated :)

Attachments

• image-2470468465.jpg
    image-2470468465.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3930923502.jpg
    image-3930923502.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image-735868911.jpg
    image-735868911.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image-328822241.jpg
    image-328822241.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 69
It does resemble pennywort. As for the spots what are your nitrate and phosphate currently at?

That looks like phosphate deficiency to me. As Mebbid asked what is your phosphate reading and what ferts are you using?

It does seem a bit more like pennywort than cardamine lyrata, but the two are so similar I'm not sure.

I haven't got a phosphate test kit, I'll pick one up next LFS trip. Only ferts is flourish 1-2 times a week

The flourish is basically micro nutrients so I'll be curious to see what your phosphate reading is.

Back
Top Bottom