ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew_raw

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 180 liter planted tank any ideas on how it looks, opinions? And do you lot think i should grt more plants ?

ForumRunner_20131128_161727.jpg

Personally if possible, i would angle the bridge to the front left corner a smidge! Otherwise it looks great, maybe some dwarf hairgrass up by the building and some bigger plants in the back left corner (seems a little bare). Looks awesome, good work!

Personally if possible, i would angle the bridge to the front left corner a smidge! Otherwise it looks great, maybe some dwarf hairgrass up by the building and some bigger plants in the back left corner (seems a little bare). Looks awesome, good work!

Will dwarf hair grass grow under my lights , there two 40w plantlife bulbs i think and i use flora boost and plant food daily? I heard thet dhg was high tec ?

Will dwarf hair grass grow under my lights , there two 40w plantlife bulbs i think and i use flora boost and plant food daily? I heard thet dhg was high tec ?

Hmm.. I'm not sure, maybe rivercats can say, if unsure then maybe you could do another shorter plant beside and around the buildings.

I trim the tops off the plant in the far back right and replant them, i dont kniw what there called but it seems to be doing well and the offcuts aswell! I wanted to cover the steps of the building with a moss but i donk know what moss to use or how to do it like a carpet

I trim the tops off the plant in the far back right and replant them, i dont kniw what there called but it seems to be doing well and the offcuts aswell! I wanted to cover the steps of the building with a moss but i donk know what moss to use or how to do it like a carpet
Marimo moss balls i have heard you could open and carpet with, if not you could google "carpeting aquarium plants".

Can we get a squared up full tank shot for reference?

That being said, you have at least one non-aquatic plant in your tank. The one with white borders is called a 'white ribbon' and will not survive underwater. I'm also concerned that the one on the far left is mondo grass, another non-aquatic, but I can't tell for sure in that picture.

Back
Top Bottom