ideas, ideas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay...90gal planted tank. Name your choice of plants you would put in it. This is my lazy way of doing research(lol). I appreciate all your input in advance.

Hmmm, this may be better in the Plants forum. I wish I could help :?
Will you have fish amongst the plants?

Maybe a mod will see this and move it.

Urg. Come on, Keeper. Do your own research and then pass your choices by us... :roll: We encourage questions here, but we really encourage research. You can really learn a lot on the web! :wink:

I will move this to the planted tank forum...

But... you also need to let us know what kind of planted tank you're going to have before we can a) give you thumbs-up on a choice b) suggest a plant (should we be so generous!).

Here's the question: are you going for a low-maintenance, low-light planted tank, or for a full-blown CO2-balancing, light-blazing, micronutrient-upping, pH-regulating, 4-watts-per-galloning tank? I highly recommend a low-light tank to start out with (esp. if you're not willing or able to pay the roughly $300-500 you need to set up a really good high light, CO2 tank). Low-light tanks can be enormously rewarding.

So I'll give a couple of suggestions... for a low light tank Anubias species (esp. Anubias barteri var. "nana" and Anubias gigantea) are always a great choice, as are Java Ferns, Java Moss, Cryptocoryne species, and Hygros (Hygrophila polysperma). Fruitbat often recommends Hornwort, and get that if you're interested. It's not really my type of plant, but I can see how others might take to it.

HTH :wink:

Alrighty, then. I'm having trouble moving the thread, so it'll have to stay here until someone else can do it! Calling all admins...

madasafish said:
Urg. Come on, Keeper. Do your own research and then pass your choices by us... :roll: We encourage questions here, but we really encourage research. You can really learn a lot on the web! :wink:

I will move this to the planted tank forum...

But... you also need to let us know what kind of planted tank you're going to have before we can a) give you thumbs-up on a choice b) suggest a plant (should we be so generous!).

Here's the question: are you going for a low-maintenance, low-light planted tank, or for a full-blown CO2-balancing, light-blazing, micronutrient-upping, pH-regulating, 4-watts-per-galloning tank? I highly recommend a low-light tank to start out with (esp. if you're not willing or able to pay the roughly $300-500 you need to set up a really good high light, CO2 tank). Low-light tanks can be enormously rewarding.

So I'll give a couple of suggestions... for a low light tank Anubias species (esp. Anubias barteri var. "nana" and Anubias gigantea) are always a great choice, as are Java Ferns, Java Moss, Cryptocoryne species, and Hygros (Hygrophila polysperma). Fruitbat often recommends Hornwort, and get that if you're interested. It's not really my type of plant, but I can see how others might take to it.

HTH :wink:

sorry bout this....still learning all the rules and regs. thanks for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom