Ideas on lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freak45

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I have 29 gallon planted tank some ferns and swords I want to replace the bulb I have that was standard with the tank to a new bulb for my plants and fish now since its 29 gallon tank the bulb would be 24 inch just a lil confuse still a noob at fish tanks

well my hood says 30inch hood reflector with so im still lost on what size bulb to buy..and i'm not sure if i can use any higher watts cuz it says 20 watts

oh nvm i may have to replace my tank hood for bigger wattage output

i still need help deciding on what lighting i should get i have amazon swords and java ferns..that i got from petco but there turing burn just a lil bit and i know its not getting enough light

Glad you figured it out.. Are you dosing any ferts? I usually see improvement even in low light plants with the addition of flourish comp and excel.

I'm getting the FugeRAY for my 29 gallon, seems to be a great option if you want to go LED and it gets 30-40 PAR at the bottom of the tank. Amazon has them for $70-80.

As for dosing I have the leaf zone and I just ordered the API fert tabs

Well the root tabs are good for the swords since they are heavy root feeders. However, the Java Fern gets its nutrients from the water column. API leaf zone is only iron and potash. You should get Seachem Flourish and Excel. You'll see better results.

Well the root tabs are good for the swords since they are heavy root feeders. However, the Java Fern gets its nutrients from the water column. API leaf zone is only iron and potash. You should get Seachem Flourish and Excel. You'll see better results.

can i use both the seachem with the leaf zone or just use the tabs and the seachem...

well i just got the seachem :D comes on wenesday amazon prime epic

can i use both the seachem with the leaf zone or just use the tabs and the seachem...

well i just got the seachem :D comes on wenesday amazon prime epic
Amazon Prime is the best. Flourish includes iron and potash amongst numerous other nutrients, so I wouldn't use to the leaf zone -- just stick to dosing flourish and excel per the instructions.

Ok so I did a 50% water change put in the flourish and the root tabs changed my lighting to zoo med flora sun added my prime and water looks murky am I doing sum thing wrong

Attachments

• image-3685077377.jpg
    image-3685077377.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 28
What substrate are you using? It's probably just fine particulates stirred up from the large water change. It should go away on its own after a while.

If it's still like that after 2 days, do another large water change.

Just the API root tabs till excel comes in....it's probably the substrate since I did clean the gravel

Back
Top Bottom