i'm new to the hobby and would like to hear . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodogcarl

Aquarium Advice Regular
comments about my aquarium . . . would like to know if i'm doing anything glaringly wrong . . . i've got thick skin, i can take it. btw, what's the secret to taking clear photos of an aquarium?

Attachments

• aquarium5.jpg
    aquarium5.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 65
  • aquarium7.jpg
    aquarium7.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 61
  • aquarium3.jpg
    aquarium3.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 54
  • aquarium4.jpg
    aquarium4.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 63
I really like it and think the photos are great. If anythink you may want to look into some form of plant that is kinda bushy but grows more wide then tall to put in front of the other tall plants :)

I agree, some shorter plants that have more of a bushy growth would help to add depth, proportion and texture to the tank. What your tank lacks is a focal point - something that stands out and draws the viewers initial glance. A nice piece of driftwood slightly left or right of center would be a nice focal point, and would help with the balance as well. The secret to clear photos, such as it is, is to take pictures straight on with the tank, as the glass tends to distort the light and therefore the picture. If you want a nice infocus picture of fish, try to get the eye in focus, and the body will follow suit. Tough to do as the little buggers insist on swimming around while your trying to take their picture.

Back
Top Bottom