In need of some help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah1331

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is my questions I have , hopefully you can help me out.
Now alittle back ground on my self i have a 55 gallon tank that currently has about 30-40 pounds of small gravel just the normal color not black green or blue kind. Which gives it about a 1-1 1/2 in line accross the bottom of the tank. I also have plastic plants in it as well here is where my question come in to play. Currently in the tank there is 8 goldfish that are bigger than what the tank is capable of holding.( my largest is 9" going down to 6") But they will be going to a new home in a 1/2 ac outdoor pond where he has alot of goldfish and koyi allready. So after they go to there new home i will be switching the tank to a brackish water tank with live plants.
I plan to have mollies in the tank. (I have just balloon mollies now but plan to have a couple of different varietys)

My question is how much gravel should I get for the bottom to hold the live plants securelly? I plan on redoing the whole inside new gravel new plants new everything.

What type of plants would be benifically for them? I looking for a easy plant that wont take to much effort to control and grow. If you could please use both the comon and scientific. That way when i go to the local pet store they dont look at me like im speaking gibberish :D I tried looking on line but I havent found the right spot yet.

Last but not least is this really worth the time I have never had good luck with my goldfish and live plants they would eat them all up before they would even grow. I know it is more pleasing to the eye but like I said I never really had good luck with my water gophers.:lol: (goldfish)

Thanks and you help is alway appreaciated.

Goldfish are infamous plant monsters. The mollies should behave better, depending on the plants. My guppies tear down anacharis and ludwigia faster than you can blink, but they won't touch the java fern or swords.

Back
Top Bottom