IRON ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flourish (trace) contains Iron. I've learned that you should dose enough trace to give you the desired iron (.5ppm), but I'm not sure. I usually add a little Iron anyway once a week. NOT TOO MUCH mind you because you can overdose iron.

Dose it seperately from PO4 if you fear it might precipitate. Other than that there is no "recommended" time to dose.

reason I say this is because I have been dosing it w/ trace and then the water goes cloudy. When I dose on the following day all is clear again. What gives?

Flourish TRACE does not contain Fe.

Flourish COMPREHENSIVE is the one with Fe.

not sure why dosing flourish trace and Fe on the same day would cloud the water :?

do you dose them together the same day as your PWC?

how much PO4 do you have in your tap water?

The cloudiness you're seeing is common when dosing Fe. It is caused by iron precipitating out of the water column as it reacts with elements in your tank. The cloudiness is more pronounced in tanks with higher pH levels (7.0+). It is unavoidable and should not be a cause for concern.

travis simonson said:
The cloudiness you're seeing is common when dosing Fe. It is caused by iron precipitating out of the water column as it reacts with elements in your tank. The cloudiness is more pronounced in tanks with higher pH levels (7.0+). It is unavoidable and should not be a cause for concern.
is this just and issue with Flourish Iron?

i dose all my FE on one day (in the form of CSM+B) and i have a PH of 8.0 and liquid rock for water (limestone has a lower KH and GH then my water :roll: ) and have never had the water cloud.

Back
Top Bottom