Is a bubbler needed if I have plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 50 gallon with 2 aquaclear filters and I just put many anacharis shoots in floating on the surface. Are the filters and plants enough to adequately oxygenate the water? I also have a 12 inch bubble wand but I want to get rid of it

If the outflow of the filters are enough to move the surface fairly well, which I am sure they do, you should be fine. You just some surface movement so the water can, you know, get rid of the excess CO2 and oxygen and what not. A still surface will result in the death of the fish or any living thing in the tank, at least thats what the internet taught me.

A bubbler isn't needed really unless you have so much stock in the tank, which you'd run into other problems quicker.. You'll be fine without it. Its really just for esthetics.

A bubbler isn't needed really unless you have so much stock in the tank, which you'd run into other problems quicker.. You'll be fine without it. Its really just for esthetics.

What are some of the other problems I would run into sooner?

An airstone will help get rid of whatever CO2 there is in the tank, CO2 that your plants need. You can get rid of it. Besides, you have two filters going.

David

An airstone will help get rid of whatever CO2 there is in the tank, CO2 that your plants need. You can get rid of it. Besides, you have two filters going.

David

Good point on the CO2 thanks

Back
Top Bottom