Is my lighting any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im a beginner when it comes to plants, and I recently got some dwarf hairgrass, and some other low lighting plants. Is the LED light on my aquarium enough for the grass? Here is the link

Aquarium Kits: Marineland BIO-Wheel LED Aquarium Kit

One more thing, I bought some API leaf zone food, is this enough for the grass to start carpeting? I dont want the whole tank carpeted, just a section. I have the 20 Gallon BTW!:thanks:

I don't think that light is going to be adequate for plants, from what I looked at in the info it seems that it is purely for aesthetic purposes. In order to carpet your dwarf hair grass, you're going to need a quality fixture, and most likely CO2 injection. At least that's my understanding from seeing other people's threads.

I don't think that light is going to be adequate for plants, from what I looked at in the info it seems that it is purely for aesthetic purposes. In order to carpet your dwarf hair grass, you're going to need a quality fixture, and most likely CO2 injection. At least that's my understanding from seeing other people's threads.

Where should I look for one that will fit?

I think if you wanted high lighting on that 20G, you could stick with LEDs and get a Finnex Ray 2. I'm not positive, but this should give you high lighting.

Dwarf hair grass is a high light and very demanding plant just to maintain. Even harder to get a carpet.

Get a good T5ho fixture. The one u posted should be could. Might need to replace bulbs.
Get either pressurized co2 or DIY wouldn't be bad on a 20.
Start dosing dry ferts (I reccomend PPS-pro

Dwarf hair grass is a high light and very demanding plant just to maintain. Even harder to get a carpet.

Get a good T5ho fixture. The one u posted should be could. Might need to replace bulbs.
Get either pressurized co2 or DIY wouldn't be bad on a 20.
Start dosing dry ferts (I reccomend PPS-pro

The light I posted, will it harm my fish? I have a dwarf gourmi, albino corys, neon tetras, and platys.

Cory's prefer to have shaded places to hide, but no it shouldn't harm the fish at all

Back
Top Bottom