Is my tank cycled or do I have another problem ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katrinag

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally have 0 nitrites as of yesterday in my fishless cycle. I did a large water change and now 24 hours later I tested again. I still have 0 nitrites but now my nitrates disappeared. They have been steady at 5-10 ppm. My tank is planted. Is that why? Am I ok to add fish ? Do I need to do something to bring up the nitrate ? It's been 8 weeks since I started.

Thank you

Also to add a note to this... I am dosing ferts but have not dosed the kno3 because I haven't needed to yet.. Did I just answer my own question ? Can someone confirm ? Thank you ... The planted tank is new to me ..

Remember the main purpose of a water change is to remove nitrates. By doing a large water change you've removed them. I reckon your probably not cycled

Remember the main purpose of a water change is to remove nitrates. By doing a large water change you've removed them. I reckon your probably not cycled

ok but the sticky for fishless cycling tells you to do a large water change at this point. How can I not be cycled?

Sorry maybe you are. I misread. Best way to know is redose ammonia. Your filter should convert it to nitrate within 24hours. Then you'll know for sure if your cycled

Back
Top Bottom