Is There Some Secret to using Foreceps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mohican

Aquarium Advice Addict
After using a 10" pair I recently bought, the plants always float back up or "stick" to them. Am I missing something but these things aren't as easy to use as I hoped. Is there some tips people use so the plants get put in place and stay there?

LOL I have the same problem. How many cuss words do you know? Doesn't help, but makes me feel better. Some plants go in better with the forceps straight up and down and some (like Cabomba) seem to go better with them sideways. It just takes practice I guess. Half mine still come up after first try. OS.

It just takes practice! I have to use 24" ones due to the depth of my 220g and it just takes practice. BUT you are getting a lot of floaties because your not pushing the stems in deep enough.

OS-Brian you better practice up cause the Rotala Mini Butterfly stems are about the thickness of a piece of carpet thread. Very tiny and very delicate... so practice!!!

Well twirl a few strands together and you'll have a Mini B stem... lol! I think I counted like 18 stems so you best get proficient really fast!

Back
Top Bottom