Is this a good fixture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a great fixture for your tank. I'd think you can grow lots of medium light plants with that fixture

If i did get this fixture and started planting my tank, would i need anything else? I have just regular Petco black sand, but i have root tabs and fertilizer that i use in my other tank. One more thing, can you list some plants that would be good with this light, I already know about crypts, anubias, swords, java fern, anachris, and java moss. Thanks

adammorrill said:
If i did get this fixture and started planting my tank, would i need anything else? I have just regular Petco black sand, but i have root tabs and fertilizer that i use in my other tank. One more thing, can you list some plants that would be good with this light, I already know about crypts, anubias, swords, java fern, anachris, and java moss. Thanks

You wouldn't need anything else IMO. But plants will benefit from root tabs (especially crypts and swords) and ferts. I'd use them on this tank too

Here is a list of plants I am growing with a dual t5 ho over a 69 g tank:
Water sprite
Cabomba
Wisteria
Dwarf sag
Amazon sword
Ozelot sword
Rotala indica
Sagittaria (not sure which kind exactly)
Crypt balansae
Anubias

Any of these plants will work as well as many other crypts, swords, and other bunch plants

Alright, thanks and do you know if i could have any carpeting plants or dwarf baby tears. Also, with the fixture i listed, do i need to get the extra frame mounts or can i mount the fixture on my tank with what comes with just the fixture.

I have that 2nd fixture for my 100 gallon tank when it's up and running Monday I'll post a picture. If you used it you could move away from those low light plants.

I have that 2nd fixture for my 100 gallon tank when it's up and running Monday I'll post a picture. If you used it you could move away from those low light plants.
So is it a good fixture? And what kind of plants can you grow with it. And in your opinion do you think it would be better than the first one i posted? It looks like it has more wattage and comes with leds, so I am thinking its better. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure i get the best one possible without spending to much money. :)

For the second one: you will have to remove your tops if you use them, inject CO2 to around 30 PPM, and provide your tank with a lot of ferts on a schedule.

For the second one: you will have to remove your tops if you use them, inject CO2 to around 30 PPM, and provide your tank with a lot of ferts on a schedule.
I dont want to inject CO2, but i can provide ferts, so you think i should get the first one?

Back
Top Bottom