Is this enough light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nothing

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 37g tall tank that is planted with a few cabombas and anubias right now, but I will be planting it more heavily soon. Right now I have an (I think) 20w Aqueon single light that came with the tank, and the plants seem to be doing fine, and I just picked up a Marineland Single Bright LED system to supplement. Is this enough light for all plants or do I need to take the Marineland thing back and get something stronger?

Attachments

• image-3203761737.jpg
    image-3203761737.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1222457642.jpg
    image-1222457642.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 38
It doesn't say it's meant for plants, and I can't find the kelvin rating anywhere

But I just turned off the main light and this one seems pretty weak

Well if it's LED than watts won't give you any sort of help at determining power. Sorry, I don't know what to tell you. The kelvin rating is one of the most important parts of determining the "power" of a light.

That lighting is very low light even combined with the other stock LED. Plus you have a deep tank so honestly if you want an LED in a deep tank you should check out these by Build My Led... Freshwater - Build My LED, LLC. They are specifically made for planted tanks and you can get a 75% beam angle to help penetrate deeper into the tank like I did. I have 4 of these fixtures on various sized tanks and they work great. You can also get a dimmer attachment and use the light from 10% to 100%. I use the 10% after running the tanks at 100% for 6 hours.

Back
Top Bottom