is this monte carlo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slappy Kincaid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 30 gallon tank with CO2 and I add eco green fertilizer 2x week. I bought what I thought was monte carlo, thinking it would spread as a carpet. It has grown into a bush about 14 inches tall at this point. Is this monte carlo or did I get something that was sold as monte carlo but is actually a different plant? I didn't think it would grow like this

Do you have a picture? I've been growing monte carlo for a while and might be able to help.

It looks a lot like something called pearl weed, which is I think closely related to monte carlo. The scientific name for monte carlo is micracrathemum tweediei, but if you look up micranthemum micranthemoides or pearl weed, your plant comes up.

Very pretty plant, but if you're looking for a carpeting effect, I don't think it would work for you.

I got monte carlo seeds from amazon actually, which turned out to work great. I planted them in an ice cube tray to use for the dry start method and then transplanted them into the display tank when they were grown out enough to root nicely.

Back
Top Bottom