is this pearling or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
After all I just went through in the last thread about my ferts, theres no way my pants could be pearling is there? Im a virgin pearler so I dont know what it looks like. It's been doing it since my water change and my 1/8 dose of csm+b
Its only coming from the cabomba near the top and my sunset hygro and one other plant
piranha042za6.jpg

piranha044gh1.jpg

whatcha think? Am I just getting my hopes up?

When was the WC? That's what pearling looks like, but you may not get true pearling right after a water change.

the water change was about 4 hours ago, and I noticed the bubbles starting about 3 hours ago, I was taking a precal quiz online so the last thing I was focused on was my tank. How in the world am I getting pearling after my crazy fert in balance? Only some of the plants are doing it, do diff plants have different requirements?

IM sooo excited, im going to enjoy it while it lasts cause chances are tomorrow it wont happen anymore lol

It is caused because the water change saturated the water with O2, but by all means enjoy it. Once you get it all straighten out you will get pearling regularly.

lol oh..then its not real pearling, I know it was to good to be true! Its never happend before though even after large water changes, todays was only about 25% and I cleaned my cannister.

man I hope so, but I still need to up my wpg though on my lights, I have some really high light plants because I didnt take all my overhang into account. Ive got enough co2 to going in to the tank to hlep them out, Im going to try the recommended dosing schedule for a week and see if I cant knock out some of this annoying algea. Its not bad but I want that perfect tank like some of the other beautiful tanks you see on here

Keep at it. I am doing a full EI per Joe's (czcz) advice and I am really starting to see great results. It does work.

Housten, we have pearling!

YAY I guess it wasnt a fluke after all, its not as extreme as yesterday but the cabomba is still pearling as much, the sunset is close and a few of my other new plants are pearling. Including the mini sword Peyton sent me.

Back
Top Bottom