Is this shaping up ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baobeiiiiiiii

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, first iwagumi style tank.

I have ADA soil, DIY Co2 (1 bubble per second) and add liquid ferts. Lights are not that bright, two t5 24w bulbs, i calculated just a tad over 2wpg. I could add a third 24w bulb to the light fixture (one broke) but i'm having trouble finding a replacement. The plants in the middle are glosso, front sides 'belem' and back is probably DHG (not certain).

The plants were only put in two days ago, will they start to spread and 'carpet' the tank? I have 4 saimese algae eaters and some shrimp, too keep algae off the plants.

Attachments

• IMAG0473.jpg
    IMAG0473.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0476.jpg
    IMAG0476.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 91
Hey, first iwagumi style tank.

I have ADA soil, DIY Co2 (1 bubble per second) and add liquid ferts. Lights are not that bright, two t5 24w bulbs, i calculated just a tad over 2wpg. I could add a third 24w bulb to the light fixture (one broke) but i'm having trouble finding a replacement. The plants in the middle are glosso, front sides 'belem' and back is probably DHG (not certain).

The plants were only put in two days ago, will they start to spread and 'carpet' the tank? I have 4 saimese algae eaters and some shrimp, too keep algae off the plants.

It looks pretty good :) It will look even better once the plants fill in. Do you use a drop checker to show the level of co2? Bubbles per second is just a measure of how fast co2 is being added to the tank, but not co2 concentrations in the tank.
Watts per gallon is not a reliable/accurate way to determine how much light you have, for multiple reasons. First, light bulbs/fixtures can vary. Different bulbs can emit more light while using less energy than others. Different fixtures have different reflectors (if any). If your fixture has good reflectors, you could possibly have more light in the tank than a higher powered fixture (same type of bulb) that doesn't have reflectors. Second, tanks vary in size and shape. If your tank was small but very tall, according to the watts per gallon rule, you would probably have a good amount of light. This is inaccurate because the height of a tank greatly decreases the amount of light reaching the bottom- the farther light has to travel through water, the lower amount will hit the bottom.
What are you dosing for fertilizers? How big is your tank?

What does Ada mean I have been trying to work out what type of soil I could use

What does Ada mean I have been trying to work out what type of soil I could use

ADA stands for Aqua Design Amano- it's a company that makes glass aquariums, filter pipes, co2 components and other accessories. For soil, I recommend ADA Aquasoil, because it looks nice and has lots of nutrients for growing plants.

Back
Top Bottom