Its done! Its done! sort of.. suggestions please..with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
:multi: :multi:
FINALLY the twenty gallon ram tank is DONE! The only thing left to do is to move the fish in. My only problem is I don't like the way the plants are arranged and I am very unsure of how to make it better. So, any suggestions on moving plants or the wood (the wood is hard to see in the pictures because it is so dark) or anything, is VERY welcome.
Here is the link to the pics of the whole process from start to finish.
http://www.photolocker.net/gallery.php?u=Feather&g=photo-journal-of-the-20
YEA!!

Congrats. (y)

My comments are based on (7withplants.jpg). Let me suggest moving the wood toward the front left, at an angle toward the rear right. Use the small end toward the front. This will allow all of your plants to be seen and give the wood a place to be seen.

Rondory said:
FINALLY the twenty gallon ram tank is DONE!
:lol: Is a tank really ever done?

Ok, well I guess I should say that its done... for now :wink:

Yes Wizzard I will keep an eye on it. I really liked it at the store, but the more I look at it in the tank, the less it seems to "fit". So if it starts to take a turn for the worse, I won't be overly disappointed. Thanks :D

Well, I moved the rams yesterday to their new home. The water is slightly different in the 20 than it is in the 55, so I float/drip acclimated them for about a half an hour, maybe 45 min with the lights off. They seem to be doing fine this morning though they are a bit darker than I like to see and they are breathing faster than I am comfortable with. But this could be due to the fact that the male ram is VERY excited and is dancing like crazy for the female. He wont leave her alone. I hope they do well here. I would really hate to lose them. There should be pictures shortly in my gallery.

What I would definitely do is get a black background from the lfs for a couple bucks. It hides all the cables and the wallpaper behind the tank and really brings out the colors of the plants, the wood and the fishes.

Look at my gallery to see what I'm talking about.

Besides, I'm not sure if it's safe to have the heater laying on the gravel with one end (read before you shouldn't do that).

I haven't gotten around to the background yet. I think I may paint my own. The heater does look like its on the gravel in the pic but its not. :wink:

Looking good! I agree tanks are never done! We think they are but they aren't, :wink:. But for now I like it alot! (y)

Back
Top Bottom