I've finally depleted NO3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
With the recent addition of new plants and the explosion of growth of my anacharis, I've finally depleted my source of naturally produced NO3.

I've been prepared for this - I just happened to purchase a nice bottle of Nitrogen several months ago.

Since I now have 0, I figured that I need to dose at least 10-15mL to get 10ppm. Let me know if my math is skewered.

There should be a formula on the bottle to figure how much to add based on your water volume to raise it however many ppm you want.

Just be sure to go slowly. Increasing NO3 to 10ppm at one time can kill your fish.

Good luck with the NO3 dosing, hope all goes well. My well water comes out of the tap at 13 ppm NO3, so with weekly water changes I don't have to worry too much about it LOL! I do have to add iron and a touch of phosphate.

Nitrate in your tap water? I have 0, 0, 0. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate.

I didn't realize that you needed nitrate to grow plants! I've always been REALLY low on nitrate (never seen it above 10ppm)

Plants have probably been my saving grace when i would neglect my tank for a few weeks at a time.

Back
Top Bottom