Jason Baliban / projectaquarium.com's sweet floating emersed setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very interesting. Kinda neat how accidental things happen. Hope he doesn't have any plants below LOL, there would be no light that would reach them.

Yeah. I especially like how thick he's gotten it and that it appers to act as a self humidifying soil: I mean, those sure look like pond snails and they sure look well above the water line. I am guessing it is not strong enough to keep stems above water very well, though. (For example, even the relatively solid stem Polygonum sp. / "Purple Bamboo" needs to send roots down when going emergent within 6" of the substrate, else it leans a little with only a couple inches emergent growth). I have too many tiny species in my medium sized aquarium, but I'm totally going to try the floating plant substrate thing in a pot or controlled low flow area :)

Very cool. I've had a patch of riccia floating around in a tank for a while just in case I want to use it in a rescape or something. I find HC and xmas moss growing in it every once in a while.

Another cool one from bharada growing HC in his backyard with Walmart seedling trays and drip sprinklers! You have to scroll to the end. It's a great scroll...

Aqauria Photos: Flora and Fauna

Back
Top Bottom