Java Fern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aiken Drum

Site Team
Does anyone know whats happening to one of my java ferns? The leafs are developing holes with darkening around the edges of the holes, some leafs are nothing more than cobweb like. I removed the worst affected ones. New growth is also the same.

I have 4 java ferns, only 1 is affected. All other plants are not affected either. Plant is attached to a piece of rock.

Tank is weekly dosed with ferts and i also use seachem flourish excel every other day. Good lighting on full strength for about 7 hours a day.

I will probably take the plant out and split one of the others in 2 to replace it, but i would like to know what is causing it.20200903_144813.jpg

That's strange! Under high light low CO2 I find it will get light coloured leaves else in high tech or low tech I find it very forgiving. In the shrimp tank it gets hardly anything but continues on.

I have the same problem with my Java Ferns. I dose weekly with Thrive. Everything I've read says it is a symptom of a nitrogen/phosphate deficiency.

Its just 1 of 5 java fern plants effected. I really think its due to me taking it out of the water too long and it drying out. I didnt put 2 and 2 together until i saw one of delapools posts about a anubias being similarly affected after being out of water too long. Ive taken the affected plant out now and split one of the others to replace it. See how it goes.
I have the same problem with my Java Ferns. I dose weekly with Thrive. Everything I've read says it is a symptom of a nitrogen/phosphate deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom