java moss background.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I am gonna pick up some java moss in attempt to make a java moss background for my mbuna tank I know that java moss grows slowly, any help or suggestions would be great. I'm new to any kind of aquascaping also

-thanks
Trevor

Well I kinda wanted to do that also but I don't know how to hang it, and doesn't it get caught in your filter?

i haven't tried yet but that was what i was wondering like a suction cup with something on it place the moss on and hope it grows? i think if its on the wall it wouldn't get caught in the filter you could always trim it around that part to.

I did a 55g java wall takes awhile mines been up 2 months now and mines just starting to grow it took 15 bundles to build here is pics and I can walk u through any problems u need help with

Thank you i have an idea well actually HUKIT gave it to me but how did you do it?

I did a 55g java wall takes awhile mines been up 2 months now and mines just starting to grow it took 15 bundles to build here is pics and I can walk u through any problems u need help with

Do you have pics of it in your tank, would be great to see that:popcorn:. Since I currently have the Java moss in my tank stuck in a bundle in one corner, which the corys love to hide under and , shrimp swim inbetween to scavenge for food.

I'm actually getting ready to change it due to the fact that when it starts to grow out it will start dying in the middle and then spike my ammonia so I have a new set up that's a lot better

Well the old set up the java moss has nothing to attach to so it just grows on top of its self and will eventually die because there will not be any water flow so I am getting slate tile and breaking it and attaching my java moss to it then building my wall like that...plus its a lot more natural

Oh i see when youdo that could you take pics of the process please

Back
Top Bottom