Java moss balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleky plec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a difference between java moss and java moss balls? Are they the same thing?? Please respond to this as soon as possible!!! Thank you!!! :)

Pleky plec said:
Is there a difference between java moss and java moss balls? Are they the same thing?? Please respond to this as soon as possible!!! Thank you!!! :)

Yes there is java moss is like a moss like Christmas moss or Phoenix. Java moss balls are like marimo balls. I hope I'm right look at pics.

Fishie said:
Yes there is java moss is like a moss like Christmas moss or Phoenix. Java moss balls are like marimo balls. I hope I'm right look at pics.

Can you explain more? Cause I still don't k is the difference

Usually java moss "balls" are round clumps that are packed together. When java moss is allowed to grow on its own, it usually spreads out and doesn't look like a ball.

Fishie said:

Java moss balls are not the same as marimo balls. Java moss balls are just a compact form of java moss, which is stringy. Marimo moss is solid, and when in ball form, fuzzy looking.

Back
Top Bottom