Java moss care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joebro3333

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there any specific rules that need to be taken when taking care of this live plant?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1. Place in water
2. Give it some sort of light source
3. Profit

All kidding aside, this is one of the easiest plants to begin with. Most tie it down to driftwood, porous rocks, or decor to give itself something to anchor itself on, but it'll also grown fine just floating too. Basic ferts will help growth but is not necessary. A regular light source of 6-10 hours works well. Do you have any other plants? What sort of lighting do you have and how tall is your tank?

Almost all mosses are easy to grow and very undemanding. However, I do recommend getting any other species of moss because java moss tends to grow unruly. I prefer mosses like Xmas, mini Xmas, flame, peacock, weeping, Taiwan, and the alike.

Just starting out with this, I bought the top fin 50 gallon not to sure on the wattage of lights that came on it I know they are two 24-inch T5 bulbs. And height I'm guessing 1'6"? I put it in a part of the mopani driftwood where it won't go anywhere. Thinking about Java fern also just really easy plants. Any suggestions on fertilizer? How often and type? Half of tank is floramaxx other half blasting sand.

Looking two get two 24-inch 6,700k bulbs. ?

Back
Top Bottom