Java moss ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've ordered java moss and i'm expecting it any day now. I'm planning on attaching the java moss to several rocks and to my Driftwood pieces, I've heard it will take a few months for it to settle in however.

Java moss will not form a carpet like HC. Some people have made java moss walls but they end up tearing them down because the trap uneaten food and waste in them. Also, they are almost impossible to keep clean. Most people will tie it to a rock or piece of driftwood.

Java moss will not form a carpet like HC. Some people have made java moss walls but they end up tearing them down because the trap uneaten food and waste in them. Also, they are almost impossible to keep clean. Most people will tie it to a rock or piece of driftwood.

Emphasis mine. I had a java moss mat going for awhile, but eventually I couldn't take it anymore as it quickly became detritus central. It was fantastic for raising fry as all sorts of eatibles get trapped in it, but I definitely wouldn't mess with it long term that way.

Even as far as rocks and wood goes, there are nicer mosses than java fern, IMO, but that is probably largely a matter of taste.

Back
Top Bottom