jays 275 cube Fw planted tank progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmeheliboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
These pic where all taken last week befor I started use co2 and ferts I will do weekly updates and anser all I can. hope you all like
ForumRunner_20121202_084004.jpg

ForumRunner_20121202_084021.jpg

ForumRunner_20121202_084139.jpg

ForumRunner_20121202_084121.jpg

ForumRunner_20121202_084107.jpg

ForumRunner_20121202_084053.jpg

Some pics after a week of co2 and ferts with amassing growth

I'm thinking of adding 2 large discus to my tank any thorts on the matter

The growth is really coming along nicely. If you add discus you have to adjust your heat up to 83-84. I would actually suggest getting two nicely colored angels and letting them grow large. A couple Veiled Anglefish would look quite nice and since it looks like you have cardinals they would work fine. Here's a link so you can see some of my Veil Angelfish.... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g inhabitants

I did think about angles but discus just do it for me and will go with the fish I already have and am I right in saying angles can be aggressive

So is one more aggressive than the other or both the same and do angles need soft water or a low ph

A stable ph is most important. Most angels and discus are domestically bred and are much more tolerant of higher Ph/Gh/Kh. Wild caught ones need softer water and lower ph. As for as temperment I consider them even because you have to remember each fish has it's own temperment. Sometimes you get laid back ones and other times you get aggressive ones. I know discus do better in larger groups whereas angels do fine with just two or even one. I keep 12 adult breeding angels in my 220g with alot of little fish and even shrimp and have no issues. Aggression stays between the angels which is normal.

The growth is really coming along nicely. If you add discus you have to adjust your heat up to 83-84. I would actually suggest getting two nicely colored angels and letting them grow large. A couple Veiled Anglefish would look quite nice and since it looks like you have cardinals they would work fine. Here's a link so you can see some of my Veil Angelfish.... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g inhabitants

I toke your advice and got 4 angles and 3 kissing garmies I know that's not spell right but the angles are lovely hoping they get big soon

Nice looking pearl gourami! I also like the black angel, it's got some really nice fins.

How big will they get and long long to get there do you think

If your talking about the angels they grow alot in the first year. My current 14 went from dime sized bodies to over silver dollar sized bodies in about a year. I have Veils which have very long fins so if you go from top fin tip to bottom fin tip they are over 8 inches.

If your talking about the angels they grow alot in the first year. My current 14 went from dime sized bodies to over silver dollar sized bodies in about a year. I have Veils which have very long fins so if you go from top fin tip to bottom fin tip they are over 8 inches.

Cool I feeding mine really will hoping they get really big I would like them adult discus size

Their bodies won't get that large but add their fins into the mix they can reach an impressive size.

Their bodies won't get that large but add their fins into the mix they can reach an impressive size.

Ok thanks rivercats its nice to talk to some one who know what there talking about and not the 16 year old kids we got in the UK pet shops

Back
Top Bottom