jebo Odyssea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is THIS lighting any good? Is the brand any good in general?

The other question, am I actually seeing that the bulbs are a double stack on top of each other? If so, does that mean that the lighting isn't actually the wattage stated but could be a lot lower?

That is the light fixtures I have. No, the lights aren't stacked, there's a front row and a back row. It's been good to me. But just so you know, the fans aren't the quietest. Might have to do some adjustments or mods to quiet them down. It's not the blades, but the fans tend to vibrate the unit when using the extension legs. I just stuck a piece of cardboard folded and pushed in on top of the fan unit to minimize the vibrating. If I get time, will do a more permanent mod on it. Plus that's the unit with 3 cords, so you can run each row separately (either 130W or 260W), and the moonlights.

I also have a Coralife on my 29G, 130W CF with fans. Now that's one quiet fixture.

Is there 8 tubes on each side? I would assume this is 2 bulbs on each side with 4 tubes each. Another question is would this make for way too much light over a 55 gallon or can I just not use all the lights all the time to stay around 3 watts per gallon?

I purchased the 48" model about a month ago. I think that it works great for the price. I will admit, the fan is a little noisy for about the first minute that the light is on.

I have this 48" 260W and I hate it. I wish I never bought it.
It was cheap but it was IMO a waste of my money.

Like LWB says........the fans are loud. VERY LOUD!!! And I wasn't using the legs at all.
AND.....I'm only using 1 fan cuz I disabled the other to cut down on the vibration/noise.
Can you tell I don't like the fixture? :lol:

Another issue for me was the acrilic lamp cover. It didn't even fit and would fall out into the tank if I didn't tape it in. [Any problems like that on yours LWB?]

I ended up putting this one on my basement 90G cuz it's just an entertainment room and when we use it we usually have the tv or radio high enough to muffle the fans.
Notice I said "muffle" and not "cancel out".

IMHO...........stay away from this fixture.

There is a product made by Current, the Current Orbit and the Current Satellite. I did some research on the Current orbit and stumbled upon the Jebo Odyssea. I went with the Orbit because it was a bit more versatile. It was a hard decision since the Jebo was half the cost of the Current. Yes the fan is a bit loud(louder than the fan on the Tivo) but it just stays warm to the hand and it's more versatile than the Jebo. The comparable Jebo I looked at only had 2 cords, and I forgot if it included LED lights for a night time moonlit look. The Current Orbit has 3 cords; 2 for the PCs and 1 for the moonlights. I have it set so that I've emulated dawn/dusk, midday, and night lighting.

I'd rather spend the money for something that's versatile. If I ever want to switch to saltwater I'd have a great fixture for that too. That's my 2 cents :wink:

Uh-oh... :?

I just bought a 36" 96W unit for my 30gal tank. I hope I don't get a clunker. Jeez....it shouldn't take a DIY project just to make a lighting unit work like it's supposed to.

stlouisan said:
There is a product made by Current, the Current Orbit and the Current Satellite. I did some research on the Current orbit and stumbled upon the Jebo Odyssea. I went with the Orbit because it was a bit more versatile. It was a hard decision since the Jebo was half the cost of the Current. Yes the fan is a bit loud(louder than the fan on the Tivo) but it just stays warm to the hand and it's more versatile than the Jebo. The comparable Jebo I looked at only had 2 cords, and I forgot if it included LED lights for a night time moonlit look. The Current Orbit has 3 cords; 2 for the PCs and 1 for the moonlights. I have it set so that I've emulated dawn/dusk, midday, and night lighting.

I'd rather spend the money for something that's versatile. If I ever want to switch to saltwater I'd have a great fixture for that too. That's my 2 cents :wink:

I replaced my Odyssea with the current usa orbit 36" 4x96w fixture and I am EXTREMELY happy with it.....VERY quiet, very bright,[even with just 2 bulbs running its brighter than the odyssea] doesn't run very hot.........but..........very pricey.

maxwell1295 said:
Uh-oh... :?

I just bought a 36" 96W unit for my 30gal tank. I hope I don't get a clunker. Jeez....it shouldn't take a DIY project just to make a lighting unit work like it's supposed to.

Crossin my fingers for ya Max.

Ya if I wanted DIY I would have went to home depot for my lighting. :lol:

Lighting has been a pain in the rear. I was trying to buy enough light to grow plants decently but without CO2. So I ended up picking up a 42W T5 unit. You see how that worked out... :roll:

Now I'm running DIY CO2 on 2 tanks. As soon as I get my needle valves and manifold and get the plumbing done, I'll be running pressurized CO2 on 3 tanks! Which means I have to upgrade lighting on my 30g and probably on my 7gal Minibow at some point too. I think 96W PC should me more than enough light for my purposes.

But you're right.....had I know this was coming, I probably would've gone with a AH kit or DIYed the lighting Home Depot style...

GlitcH said:
I have this 48" 260W and I hate it. I wish I never bought it.
It was cheap but it was IMO a waste of my money.

Like LWB says........the fans are loud. VERY LOUD!!! And I wasn't using the legs at all.
AND.....I'm only using 1 fan cuz I disabled the other to cut down on the vibration/noise.
Can you tell I don't like the fixture? :lol:

Another issue for me was the acrilic lamp cover. It didn't even fit and would fall out into the tank if I didn't tape it in. [Any problems like that on yours LWB?]

I ended up putting this one on my basement 90G cuz it's just an entertainment room and when we use it we usually have the tv or radio high enough to muffle the fans.
Notice I said "muffle" and not "cancel out".

IMHO...........stay away from this fixture.

The only problem I see is the noise for mine, and either I have a loose wire in one or a bad ballast. But that's on my oldest one. I have no problems with the acrylic, and haven't taped anything. I take them out now and then and clean them, as it gets buildup from the splatter from my bubbler. Other than noise, no other real problems.

Speaking of power compacts, are any of you using the fixtures over an oncovered tank? I'm wondering how anyone is safely doing it becuase i'd like to. The Current Orbit 2x65 PC that I have will void warranty if I were to use it without a glass cover :cry: but then I guess that's a risk to be taken. Just wanted to see what things are being done to keep it safer.....

I have glass tops on my 55G, but not on my 75G, and I have 2 260W fixtures over my 75G. I also have no glass over my 29G as well, or my 26G, and they have a 130W on the 29G and a 65W on the 26G. I use the riser legs that come with the fixtures.

I wish I could get away with that. I've lost a neon tetra and a female betta to tank jumping. I later found out that this was common for bettas when placed in a new tank. I once had a bloodfin tetra go airborne at feeding time. Good thing I was standing there when he jumped and was able to pick him up off the floor and toss him back in.

My light arrived today. I had the seller swap out the 50/50 bulb for a 12000K 96W bulb. So far so good, although it's only been on for 2 hours....lol

Afte reading some of the horror stories, I'm just happy that the unit worked when I plugged it in. This light is a substantial improvement over the 42W Dual Aqualight unit I was running.

Cool.......

I love all 3 of mine. Just haven't had time to do some DIY on the fans to quiet them down. But it's not too loud for me. Doesn't bother me at all. Just love watching my fish tv, lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom