Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm probably going to add an Oto, a German Blue Ram, and either two harlequins or two neons this weekend.

Final Stock will be:
1 GBR
1 Peacock Gudgeon
5 Harlequins
5 Neons
1 Oto
I'm going to add another 5 school fish. I'm open to suggestions. I can't find green neons so those are out :/ Maybe CPDs. ill look around this weekend.

Haha ok ill do some more Otos then for sure. I lie that suggestion, Brian! if my LFS has them still maybe ill pick some up.

I wouldn't suggest CPD's as they are too shy and would be totally outcompeted for food. You could do Blue Emperor Tetra's, also called Kerri Tetra's (Inpaichthys kerri) which only get to about 1.3 inches max. I recently added 15 to a tank.

Sounds like a nice plan Joey

I'm really liking our ember tetras, a nice schooling nano fish that gets no bigger than around 1" - a school of 6 minimum is recommended, and they are a low bioload fish. B. Brigattae would be fun too, homelessaquatics.com has them for $1 a piece.

I would also put more than 5 neons and/or rasboras (or t. Espei) in there too, their social structure demands a larger school and the shoal is visually stunning as is swims by.

Ok. Ill stay away from the CPDS then. I really like the Ember Tetras, Kerri, and threadfin rainbows. I would prefer the B. Brigattae (sp?) but I don't knew if my dad will drive me an hour away just to get them. I guess I could have them shipped too, though. I'm going to look into Threadfin rainbows and Kerri tetras at my LFS this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Got some Rotala Wallichi from petco about a week and a half ago in the gel pack. Anyone know how long it takes for plants to transition from emersed to submerged?

Attachments

• image-1091000438.jpg
    image-1091000438.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 82
Ok, so it was a month this past Wednesday. I think everything is coming in nicely. The little but of hair algae I had is now pretty much done. I have it in balance now. Some of the plants are perking up since I started dosing dry. I think it's coming together. I need to get some Downoi and AR Mini. I don't know if I'm going to use the Elatine Triandra I have, or the HC. Both are growing well. Here's a few pics.

Anyone need some hydro sp. Japan? I have a ton. Free if you pay shipping. Probably 7$ shipped priority. I'll even include some other random stems.

Also- I wanted to thank everyone who has helped me with this build, and anyone who continues to help me. Everything is coming together and I value everyone's opinion. A special thanks to Bill, Brian, and Janis for all the help you have given me. :)

Attachments

• image-1276130084.jpg
    image-1276130084.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image-4076002431.jpg
    image-4076002431.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-415001134.jpg
    image-415001134.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3908259271.jpg
    image-3908259271.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 84
Ok, so it was a month this past Wednesday. I think everything is coming in nicely. The little but of hair algae I had is now pretty much done. I have it in balance now. Some of the plants are perking up since I started dosing dry. I think it's coming together. I need to get some Downoi and AR Mini. I don't know if I'm going to use the Elatine Triandra I have, or the HC. Both are growing well. Here's a few pics.

Anyone need some hydro sp. Japan? I have a ton. Free if you pay shipping. Probably 7$ shipped priority. I'll even include some other random stems.

Also- I wanted to thank everyone who has helped me with this build, and anyone who continues to help me. Everything is coming together and I value everyone's opinion. A special thanks to Bill, Brian, and Janis for all the help you have given me. :)

It is looking awesome!!!

Beautiful Peacock Gudgeon too! My Gudgeon looks somewhere between a Peacock and a Purple spotted? Anybody know if they can cross? It doesn't look quite as bright as yours, but so much brighter/colorful than a Purple spotted which is what I was told it was.

Tank looks real nice... good work!

I might be interested in some H. Sp. Japan.

Do you have any interest in P. stratioles? We've got a dwarf water lettuce factory in each of our tanks!

It is looking awesome!!! Beautiful Peacock Gudgeon too! My Gudgeon looks somewhere between a Peacock and a Purple spotted? Anybody know if they can cross? It doesn't look quite as bright as yours, but so much brighter/colorful than a Purple spotted which is what I was told it was.
Thanks a lot, Autumn. :) hmmm I'm not sure actually. He's eating blood worms like crazy though.

Tank looks real nice... good work! I might be interested in some H. Sp. Japan. Do you have any interest in P. stratioles? We've got a dwarf water lettuce factory in each of our tanks!

Thanks, Mike :) Not really, Im not a big fan of floaters. Thanks though. I like to look down on the tank. Let me know if you want it. I just toss it in my emersed setup and it grows even faster. Transitions well, too.

I can't believe after a month it still wants to float! I would have a gave up after two days... :rotfl:

Yeah man...it makes me want to order some from tom and be done with it. Haha I'm gonna give it some time. If it doesn't work, I'll just go all plants and no hard scape.

Back
Top Bottom