Joey's Rimless 17 Gallon High Tech Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's to hoping for the best for you brother! Sorry to hear you got to go through all that. On the bright side, it's not the worst prognosis. I hope you have a speedie recovery. Anyways... tank is looking great! BTW, saw your homecoming date pic on TPT. Good job in snatching up a cute girl, man! ;)

Here's to hoping for the best for you brother! Sorry to hear you got to go through all that. On the bright side, it's not the worst prognosis. I hope you have a speedie recovery. Anyways... tank is looking great! BTW, saw your homecoming date pic on TPT. Good job in snatching up a cute girl, man! ;)

Thanks a lot, Brian. I have no reason to believe it won't be a speedy recovery. Haha yeah that was a fun night! A little crazy. Lol.

Yay! Finally! Yeah, you better get some good pics before your dad lets I get overrun by algae... lol! JK! :hide:

I've never really taken pictures with it before, so well see how it goes. Lol!The ram will not let me get a good picture. By the time I get it focused he's gone.

What's up, guys! Today is trim day. This photos were from yesterday. I trim about 2-3 times a week. I want to go with a new carpet plant. UG whenver I can get my hands on some. Most of the Downoi in the right front corner will be replaced with AR Mini whenever I can get some too. The Rotala Macranda that was giving me so much trouble has exploded and is finally growing nicely! I changed my bulbs from one gieseman midday and an Aquaticlife 6700k to a Giesemann midday and an Aquaticlife Rosette bulb. I think the color is much better and brings out plant and fish colors much better :) As soon as I can get my hands on those plants I'll post some more pics. Gotta trim today and reform groups. It's coming along.

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/k...Uploads/image_zps6afbd08b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

I'm finally getting the groups I desire. I have some new plants coming in this week. I need to replace the Elatine Triandra with a shorter carpet plant. It grows too fast and too tall for a 14' tank. I have a ton of circulation in this tank. The detritus can't settle and it keeps algae away. I had a short obit with Spiro about 2 weeks ago. Beat it by increasing co2 and shortening my photoperiod by a half hour. I also add 21mls of glut a day. Dosed per EI. I'm even getting a nice pink from the Telanthera Cardinalis.

Here you guys go!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/79195-albums13546.html

Last edited:
Thanks for asking, Mike. The tank is pretty much on autopilot except for fert dosing and trimming. I am liking the colors I'm getting with EI and very high co2 levels. Despite the very high co2, Im still getting roughly 3 months out of a 24oz PB tank! I have money from Christmas I was thinking about getting a 5 pounder but can't justify it. I'm going out to grab some 049 today for the bare spot in front of the Macrandra and Ammania. It will offer a nice dark green contrast. I may also get some Downoi but I'm not sure yet. I changed the Elatine Triandra carpet out to UG and I like it much more now. It just needs to grow in. It grows very fast but I have a problem with my ram ripping it up. I'm also overstocked right now. I have 5 Cardinals, 3 Neons, 2 Harlequins, 2 rams, 6 Rummies, 3 Pygmy cories, and a Peacock Gudgeon. I have zero ammonia and nitrites, but it still looks a bit cramped. I bought a pair of rams that turned out to be both male and they definitely don't like each other. I'm taking one back tomorrow along with the neons and harlequins when I go to get all my stuff for my nano reef I'm starting. So there's an update!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/79195-albums13546.html

Back
Top Bottom