Joining the world of planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fruitbythefoote

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Started my first planted tank today. It's a 5.5 gal. Once I get some good growth going, I hope to try my hand at aquascaping.

~1.5 watts/gal (compact fluorescent)
Java fern
Anubias nana
Dwarf hairgrass
Misc. corner plant (?)

We'll see what happens. I hope I don't murder everything.

Welcome to the Planted side... it gets pretty addictive! Anyways, nice first planted tank. What are you using as fertilizer? I'm curious as to that plant on the right. Where did you get it?

I'm thinking blyxa japonica, dwarf sag, or a stubby mondo grass specimen... if it's mondo, it's not fully aquatic.

Thanks!

Right now I'm using just using flourish liquid ferts, once I get it started and I can get some testing done I'll probably switch to dry. Since its such a small tank, I can afford to stick with the liquid for a while.

I, too, am curious about the plant on the right...I bought at my LFS about 4 months ago (they have since undergone a change in ownership) but they had it fully submerged at the time of purchase. This was the only plant I had prior to this tank and based on your suggestions and google I'll say it looks most like a dwarf sag. :)

Back
Top Bottom