Julii Cories & Propogating Glossostimga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I'm growing my glosso and dying to get my cories, but I don't want them to harm the glosso stems. Should I be worried? Or will they not harm them?

they won't eat them, but they may brush up it enough to uproot some of the stems, until they get established roots.

You'll know its rooted well when you get runners off the plantlets. If the cories dig any of it up, just keep replanting.

I battle with kuhlii loaches every time I replant carpet, and considered giving up on my first attempt with glosso. Let me quote some of the best advice I've ever gotten from Travis: "You have to be more stubborn than your fish." :)

FWIW, I have cories in a 10g newly planted with elatine triandra, a plant that roots about as well as glosso, and the cories haven't dug it up. Its been about two weeks.

2-3 weeks should be plenty for glosso to root and grow. Do you have enough light and CO2 to keep glosso happy?

and did you plant each stem separately with tweezers, or are these long vertical strands?

Back
Top Bottom