Jungle Labs CO2 products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquazen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever used Jungle Labs CO2 Fizz Factory? Good? Bad? Ugly? Would like to know your experience with it and how much it would run for a 10 gallon tank for one month.

i got some a few months ago :? didn't seem to do anything, it did leave the water kinda ugly for a few hours, thats about it though. :(

While I haven't used the Jungle Labs Fizz Factory I agree with the suggestion to use Flourish Excel. I use it on my 10 gal planted aquariums with good results. Of course a lot depends on how much lighting you have and what plants you will use.

It elevates the CO2 level too quickly and can actually starve your fish of oxygen. If your water is too soft you'll likely get a pH crash as well. Why do they sell that stuff?

That's a good point, Brian, that even with the Flourish Excel you have to be very careful - for a small tank you are putting very small amounts in. Always good to know your KH when dosing CO2 in whatever form.

Technically, Excel is a carbon source, rather than CO2...so it shouldn't change pH like injected CO2 will.
But, Excel is basically a sugar alcohol, and more than one person has killed their fish by dosing more than the bottle instructions state.

The fizz stuff does contain some trace nutrients, but as a CO2 source, it's junk.

excel

I guess I'll go with the excel. Thanks for all the help. Just got in my new plants yesterday. Will take some pics later. :)

Back
Top Bottom