Jungle Val not Green?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James G

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I have a ton of jungle val they're growing like crazy and have runners absolutely everywhere but they're not a lush green, they're more of a dark green sort of brownish colour, im not dosing anything have no C02 and i put root tabs in every month does anyone know whats happening, thanks.

It's just how your specific variant is, nothing you can do about it. What root tabs are you using? Something with some sulfur in it 'should' help it go a little greener.

Vals like a lot of Ca too.

If I'm not mistaken, theres a red jungle val. Might be what you have. I was checking them out for my tank awhile back and seen red ones.

Im using the API root tabs, maybe im a few days ill pick up some C02 also

Pressurized CO2? Vals will melt when using Excel / API CO2 (both of which are NOT CO2 )

Also, API tabs contain virtually nothing.... see picture

Edit:

I noticed you are in Canada, I make custom root tabs, I can send you a bunch for free if you pay postage. PM me if you are interested.

My Custom Tabs:::

Root tabs: 4% Nitrogen 13.6% Phosphorous 26.2% Potassium 10.3% Sulfur 0.1% Boron 0.3% Zinc 3.4% Magnesium **non-guaranteed analysis, roughly these values.
Place 1 tab near large rooted plants once per 1-2 months.
** Derived from: • Monoammonium Phosphate + Ammonium Sulfate + Proprietary Zinc Compounds • Potassium Magnesium Sulfate • Potassium Chloride + Calcium Hexaborate Pentahydrate + Sodium Tetraborate Anhydrous **

Attachments

• Fert 5.JPG
    Fert 5.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom