Just added my rocks to my 10G PIXs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so i just added some rocks that i got from from a local landscaper. What do you guys think? Also i would love to get some planting ideas. (I have added some glosso in) hopefully the glosso will grow in nicley. And advice greatly wanted.

img_744166_0_53948a8345e88d4994a876a8d361f213.jpg

Thats a really nice looking start. It looks to me like the rocks on the left are away from the back wall a bit. This would leave some room for a nice line of stem plants or like L repens or others. You could put a dwarf sag in the front left corner. Some java moss would be nice too on some of those rocks.

Keep in mind that glosso likes very high light.

I had a 10 gallon for a bit before I upgraded, I think there are still some pictures on my profile.

My lights are 2 20 w compact flourecent and i have pressurised c02. And no i didnt cycle it with the tetra in it. That would be cruel. THanks for the advice.

bballsosh said:
My lights are 2 20 w compact flourecent and i have pressurised c02. And no i didnt cycle it with the tetra in it. That would be cruel. THanks for the advice.

That should be enough lighting for glosso especially with pressurized CO2. I would order some and see how it works out. Be ready to have some patience and a pair of tweezers in hand when you plant it, its a bear, but once it starts going, it will be fine and looks very nice.

glosso is extreamly easy to plant actually. since it grows in strands all u have to do is clip of each individual plantlet and shove it in the substarte. the little peice of the stem that sticks out on both sides holds it firmly in place. yes u will need tweezers but its pretty easy. now H.cuba on the other hand lol totally different story. and a suggestio to u.... move your diffuser farther down in the water and infront of the outflow from your filter or powerhead. that way all the tiny bubbles that come out of the top of it have more time to dissolve into the water and also get blown around the tank and come into contact with the plants.

jcarlilesiu said:
bballsosh said:

That should be enough lighting for glosso especially with pressurized CO2. I would order some and see how it works out. Be ready to have some patience and a pair of tweezers in hand when you plant it, its a bear, but once it starts going, it will be fine and looks very nice.

Actually 40 watts over a 10 gallon tank may not be enough, especially if the the bulbs are spirals instead of u shaped. If the glosso tends to grow up instead of spreading horizontally, you'll need to try a different plant or add more light.

The bulbs are actually u shaped so i think i am going to give gosso a go. Lastly i am having a problem with brown algea/diatoms. Its really annoying and is all over the subsrate and some of the glass. I read that it normal to have this in a new tank and will eventually go away once the tank "stabalizes". What do you think i should do? THanks

Back
Top Bottom