Just the beginning of a planted tank! What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
All in the title what do you think? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896480.306742.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896501.675355.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896518.219707.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400896533.406598.jpg
Give me the truth I want to improve my tank in any way possible!

The nice thing about tall tanks is you can load it up with plants like jungle val, aponegetin, not sure if it's spelled right, it's the bovinis one I think. It grows fast and tall. I think you need a better light, looks like a stock light. Maybe look into a t5ho fixture or check out the leds. When I had my 56gal tall it looked great full of plants. I had two cfl 65k home depot bulbs with clamp on shop lights, my tank grew well and fast.

Knowing you're getting new plants in a couple days, I'd put the cabomba in the back on the right and attach the java fern to that lovely driftwood.

I'd also look into a low maintenance ground cover to fill in the bottom. Low maintenance so you aren't trimming it back all the time.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401238914.079323.jpg redecorated water is still a little cloudy from moving everything around. I also have plant matter floating around from that cabomba. (All of did was add two plants but It took me like 3 hours.) worth it or time wasted?

View attachment 238599 redecorated water is still a little cloudy from moving everything around. I also have plant matter floating around from that cabomba. (All of did was add two plants but It took me like 3 hours.) worth it or time wasted?

Aquascaping is not easy in the beginning. But once you get the hang of it, then it'll be easy. Just don't give up. Btw cabomba needs med-high light. I'm not sure if your light is sufficient enough to grow cabomba. The stock lights are usually low light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've grown cabomba in low light without CO2. It didn't grow very fast or very thick, but it grew. Since I've upgraded my lights and added CO2 it grows like weeds.

Perhaps he'll have the same luck?

Tank is looking good though. Keep it up!

I've grown cabomba in low light without CO2. It didn't grow very fast or very thick, but it grew. Since I've upgraded my lights and added CO2 it grows like weeds.

Perhaps he'll have the same luck?

Tank is looking good though. Keep it up!

You're lucky. I tried it in a low tech tank and it grew really tall with a few leaves here and there, really thin stem and then it just melted and died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, my lights are not stock they are actually better, but they're old and I'm going to be replacing them soon.

Back
Top Bottom