Kinda planted tanks question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ianant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need some advice on the amazon sword plant, Can n e one tell me what i should do with the long stem that's coming from the middle of my swords ?
i guess they're shoots of sorts and they look as tho' they have new plants growing off them, they have become so long they have broken the surface of my 15" tank wouldn't want them to die off because they've dried out !

I have a banana plant that has a lily pad shooting up to the surface. I would think with the roots and all being below the water it should not dry out.... but that is just a guess.

The long stem should produce sword plantlets. Wait until the plantlets grow roots long enough to plant , cut them off and plant them. If you want the plantlets, don't cut the runner off until you "harvest" the plantlets :)

Hey Guys thanks for the info will keep an eye on the roots develping, looked this morning and i can now see the leaves starting to develop, looks as though i should get about 5-6 plantlets of each one.

Back
Top Bottom