KingKoopa's ADA MINI M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingKoopa512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ada mini m
Azoo 100 hob nano filter
Ada aquasky 361
Fluval stratum
Dragon rock
2 celestial pearl dannios
2 emerald rasbora
6+ rcs
2 bloody Mary shrimp
Plants
Hydrocotyle sp Japan
Althernatera reinekii
2 other unknown plants can't remember the names
Dwarf baby tears whats left of it
Monte Carlo
Fissidens fontanus
Running about 2 bps not effecting the fish
Please help!!!!! Jus wanna give up

Can't seem to tame this algae at all. Idk what to do anymore it's on the rock, a little on the substrate, an in the front glass an side. Glass. Will do a whatever about 50 to 40%. Few days later same on the rocks an glass etc substrate
1482716359571.jpg
60b21f468877d97a42b06dccaea4189c.jpg
ce0f886908c5132cabf882d39b214130.jpg

How long is lighting cycle?
Try no more then 6-8 hours.
Ferts? Must have balance between light,co2,ferts.....

My ferts are PPS pro ferts 2 drops of macro an about half a ml of micro or vise versa will kno exactly when I get home
My light is cycle is
Co2 on at 11 then lights on at 12 til 4 them co2 back on at 6 lights on at 7 til 11

I'd drop the light duration down to 5 maybe 6 hours. That is a strong light on a small tank. From what Ive gathered, the PAR can range from 70 to over 90 depending on what area it's being measured. I'm getting about 45 and 61, respectively, from a Finnex FugeRay and Planted+.
You can remove the inhabitants and crank the CO2.
The dosage you are given is most likely 0.5 mL macros and 2 drops micros. I'm doing 2 mL each macros/micros on a 20g, so it makes sense (the older GLA method dosed equal amount of macros and micros).

Wana try cranking up the co2 jus looking for my sponge filter which I cannot find it lol. Will keep ya posted an thanks will lower my light duration to 5 see how that goes

Wana try cranking up the co2 jus looking for my sponge filter which I cannot find it lol. Will keep ya posted an thanks will lower my light duration to 5 see how that goes

Sponge filter? Not an air operated one I hope? Air stones/filters should never be used in a planted tank as it off gasses the co2.

You are right about that completely forget thanks for the reminder lol

It's frustrating never had this problem with my 40b. Maybe some bba here an there.

It's frustrating never had this problem with my 40b. Maybe some bba here an there.

I had green hair algae like that in my tank when I first started, I got rid of all mine with a toothbrush/ boiling all my decor. I also switched from PPS pro to EI dosing. Not sure what worked the best but it's been gone for a long time now. Hopefully if u can scrub it all off it will never come back

I have scrubbed it all off few time even replaced the dragon rocks with other dragons I had in my box of rocks for my fish tanks idk switching to 5 hr on for lights

I have scrubbed it all off few time even replaced the dragon rocks with other dragons I had in my box of rocks for my fish tanks idk switching to 5 hr on for lights

Yea good plan, don't be scared to push your co2 abit more aswell. U want as much co2 in the tank as your fish can handle ;)

I've seen a few patches of green hair algae in my new setup. IMO it's worth it to cutout a patch of plants to get his of it.
I have no fish in my tank at the moment. Trying to stabilize the CO2, light, and flow patterns...much easier and less stressful for them not being in the tank.

Light has been on 5 hrs a day should I space the hrs out like 2 on the off for couple back on for ,3 hrs or should should I just do the 5 hrs on at one time

Seen a little improvement on the algae since doing the 5 hr on hopefully it get better lol twisted fingers

Ahhh dreaded staghorn algae think I cause an ammonia spike when I was syphoningnthe gravel on syphoned it cause of all the algae on the fluval stratum think I'm gonna sell this tank an get 15 + gl tank which I have had success with or I can jus redo the tank bath the plants in peroxide an start over with substrate an rocks idk I'm lost right this little tank is frustratin controlling the parameters is slot harder which I new but thought I was up for the challenge looks like I'm not at all hrs are for only ,5 hrs a day

The ammonia spike should only be an issue if you have fish/inverts in the tank.
If I spent this much on a tank and light, I would do what I could to make it work. Is it the high amount of light it produces the problem? Not sure what you can accomplish getting a 15 gallon tank; what fixture do you plan on using with the 15g?
You could do a restart by soaking the substrate in peroxide and rinsing; this should kill the algae. What plants are you trying to save? I would start with new plants to prevent carryover. Staghorn is a nasty algae. No fish or inverts, crank the CO2, dose the appropriate amount of liquid ferts, and limit the lighting from the start.

Sorry was talking out my but. I jus never had this problem with my 40 or my 20 long. Only the occasional bba. Tom I'm gonna take the fish back an shrimp for some store credit don't have a spare tank at the moment. Replace the rocks rinse out the substrate with peroxide. This set up is expensive . Will post updates when everything is ready to go thanks fresh. This light is strong I dose the recommended dosing on green leaf aquarium website

Sorry was talking out my but. I jus never had this problem with my 40 or my 20 long. Only the occasional bba. Tom I'm gonna take the fish back an shrimp for some store credit don't have a spare tank at the moment. Replace the rocks rinse out the substrate with peroxide. This set up is expensive . Will post updates when everything is ready to go thanks fresh. This light is strong I dose the recommended dosing on green leaf aquarium website

Don't be disheartened, everything is fixable. Push that co2 till the fish are struggling and then push it back a tad. Look for any signs of deficiencies and work from there.

I've found that 9/10 times co2 is the biggest factor to algae. Is your light dimmable? If so I'd knock it down to about 80% and see if that helps rather than reducing the photoperiod.

Go a full 5 hours rather than breaking it up. 5 hours on 19 hours off. Your drop checker should be atleast a light green before the light comes on and basically yellow when the lights turn off.

My co2 comes on 2 hours before the lights and turns off an hour before they go out. Seems to work well.

Also how are u putting the co2 in the tank? Is the drop checker lime green-yellow everywhere in the tank?

Hope I've helped

Back
Top Bottom