KingKoopa's ADA MINI M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Day 5
8731d859980c630983b0d27eedd619ae.jpg
40c16e6d719d0acfe2a5bd6fb7392a21.jpg
4378a1a39f0eb39c7364508f2a3a1db1.jpg
341664b2cf65d78d327681b3d5987b1b.jpg
4338757f735a88342953baf126c844a3.jpg

Im going to be picking up some ar mini, blyx japonica, some more fissidens fontanus, s repens. I really hope he has blyx japonica. Thanks to all for ya great.information.

Day 5
8731d859980c630983b0d27eedd619ae.jpg
40c16e6d719d0acfe2a5bd6fb7392a21.jpg
4378a1a39f0eb39c7364508f2a3a1db1.jpg
341664b2cf65d78d327681b3d5987b1b.jpg
4338757f735a88342953baf126c844a3.jpg

Im going to be picking up some ar mini, blyx japonica, some more fissidens fontanus, s repens. I really hope he has blyx japonica. Thanks to all for ya great.information.

Looking good! Wish u were in Aus I've got a heap spare of all of those ;)

I'm AUS, Austin TX that is lol. That would be so cool never be out of the states only to Mexico hahaha

I can just imagine shrimp perched proudly on that high wood trail. Looks awesome.

I noticed a betta in the first pic. I thought you were going fish/invert free while you pummel the system with CO2 early on?
I like the plant (Rotala?) in the corner.
You will know when the HC is happy is when you see ground hugging runner emerge from each patch. I did notice a yellowish-green filmy mass in the HC closeup pic. Hope that it goes away.

Yea , neighbor was gonna throw him in the trash perfect healthy Betta, so had to save him I turned the co2 down to 2 bps. The co2 checker is like a lime yellow. There was a dead plant febris in the HC . So pulled my tweezers out an took some out

I think it's a rotala. I had the name in my phone under notes, but my little 3 yo boy erased a bunch of things while watching his show gecko. Lol

In some patches in my tank I've noticed what looks like string or hair algae. It's not getting worse but I keep my eye on it.
If I have that species of Rotala and HC Cuba I'd be happy with it.
I'm fishless at the moment and still struggling to get lime green.
Kudos for the fish rescue.

In some patches in my tank I've noticed what looks like string or hair algae. It's not getting worse but I keep my eye on it.
If I have that species of Rotala and HC Cuba I'd be happy with it.
I'm fishless at the moment and still struggling to get lime green.
Kudos for the fish rescue.
Thanks couldn't let him be trashed like nothing. Yea iv been keeping an eye out for any type of algae. So far not much, twisted fingers. I might be getting some ar mini , possibly some blyxa japonica an a new batch of fissidens fontanus my last one didn't make it and some s repens if not blyxa. Order a new atomizer that looks like a airstone, off Amazon won't be here for 2 weeks maybe more ?
I think it's a rotala. I had the name in my phone under notes, but my little 3 yo boy erased a bunch of things while watching his show gecko. Lol

I was watching a few aquascaping videos recently and the guy said that even with co2, decent light and good fert regime that you should always expect some algae until everything stabilises. He talked about algae as if it was normal and referred to it almost as the algae period. After a while everything calms down and then you get the one algae that is the bane of all pro aquascapers...can't remember which algae it was but it coats hardscape and is the healthiest looking algae going.

Nice! I've been watching a lot of the adu youtube channel alot of good information on there.

I think some of the dwarf baby tears is melting. It was in a pot.

know right! Ive read on the old webs. That people always have a hard time with emersed, the guy I got my plants from yesterday only has emersed, like all my lfs. Jus never really had any luck with dbts, now Monte Carlo, dwarf hair grass, glosso are all had good luck with.

Id be trimming that HC, cut the tops out to make it flat and it should promote it to spread sideways. If it keeps going upward it will die off underneath and collect algae ;)

Id be trimming that HC, cut the tops out to make it flat and it should promote it to spread sideways. If it keeps going upward it will die off underneath and collect algae ;)
Awesome! Was thinking of that but wasn't sure. I think I have been trimming stem plants wrong . I would take them out an cut from the bottom like 2 inches. Jus read, to cut the top about 2 in+ Depending how tall your tank is. Replants the tops, an the stem left will grow back , Am I correct?

Back
Top Bottom