KingKoopa's ADA MINI M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome! Was thinking of that but wasn't sure. I think I have been trimming stem plants wrong . I would take them out an cut from the bottom like 2 inches. Jus read, to cut the top about 2 in+ Depending how tall your tank is. Replants the tops, an the stem left will grow back , Am I correct?

Yep 100% correct. Generally the stem that is left will then fork a sprout 2 stems off the original stem and u also replant the top ;)

This is how you make them bush out. Just keep cutting the main stem's back untill they sprout like 4-5 stems. Will give you that nice filled out look

Added some substrate. Cleaned up the plants, trimmed the dwarf baby tears 50% pwc. So far, so good. Went to the LFS, saw so many nano fish I Wana get. I'm not sure what I Wana stock it with. When it does come to stocking the tank. I know for sure I wana get some kind of neo. Shrimp and 2 amano shrimp. Possibly some kind of chili rasbora. .

Day 11
IMG_20170113_145053.jpg

IMG_20170113_145116.jpg

So far the algae has been minimal compared to this tank. Which I would clean the whole tank few days later infested with algae. Still running lights on for 5 hrs daily. Think Caliban was right[emoji2] . I think ,what I was doing wrong was not dosing enough ferts, especially since the aquasky361 is a pretty strong light. (Twisted fingers)

Attachments

• IMG_20161228_123522.jpg
    IMG_20161228_123522.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 39
Good to see that drop checker nice and yellow ;) just remember when you stock it you might have to dial back abit on both ferts and co2. Tanks coming along nicely tho ;)

Thanks bert.? Yea I know will have to cut back on co2 an ferts for the shrimp. TDS. Got a couple ramshorn's from tmaire coming in the mail next week?. Jus hope I can carpet this freaking dwarf baby tears. You all make it look so easy. ??

Was wondering should I take out the rotala type plant on the left side and move the blyxa japonica to the spot where the rotala is. Would give room for more dwarf baby tears. Think it would make the right side more open IMG_20170116_173918.jpg

Day 14
d13dee5964a26090e71343596d4ccdcb.jpg
c7b5f9a8dc0c3b4ac82dde4ed98825bb.jpg

Are you adding it to 4dkh solution? (Made with bicarb and RO water)
I didn't know I was suppose. All the previous co2 checker solution have been blue. Got this red one an I'm stumped then for you all messages so I'm not sure what to do now. Looking for instructions on the web now

Figured it found the instructions video says to use the tank water or ro water

Made my own 4dhk solution. I knee it looked strange when it came out orange was hey that looks like pH indicator

I'm gonna make a diy reactor tomorrow, if I can find all the right parts and see if i can get the 100%co2 dispersion in my tank. Don't like all the micro bubbles everywhere, ruins my pics not that I take good ones anys

I'm gonna make a diy reactor tomorrow, if I can find all the right parts and see if i can get the 100%co2 dispersion in my tank. Don't like all the micro bubbles everywhere, ruins my pics not that I take good ones anys

What type are you going to make?

Back
Top Bottom