KingKoopa's ADA MINI M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type are you going to make?
Jus gonna try one, out of a syphon tube, bio balls, an the water pump from the spec v. Think I like about this little water pump it has a flow control setting. So see if I can do it

Jus gonna try one, out of a syphon tube, bio balls, an the water pump from the spec v. Think I like about this little water pump it has a flow control setting. So see if I can do it

Ah nice ;) interested to see how it turns out!

Well the reactor didnt turn out so well. ? Pump is to small to push the water thru the reactor might of been the hoses were prolly to small in width. Think my dwarf baby tears is growing really slowly or stunted growth.
Pics will be up Tom

Thank you again tmaier . I got the snails today only 2 dead. Love them ?

[emoji15] I hate casualties. Hope they all grow up big and strong and consume all the algae.

Lord knows if I would have been in a baggie in a box since Tuesday morning I probably wouldn't have survived. Unless I had whisky...

Well bad news my little accidentally broke the Ada tank
Was kinda mad at the time but jus glad he wasn't hurt or anything else. Tanks can always be replaced easily, health cant . So this happened this morning cleaned up everything. sad sad day ? guess this gives me a excuse to go big. Which today I put a post up on my Austin local forum an bought a Mr aqua 17.1 gl low iron tank for $20. Thanks ARC. So will start a new post once I get substrate an a new light . Dimensions of the tank 23.6" x 11.8" x 14.2". Jus saw that finnex planted+ came out with a new version of the 24/7 which has more reds for plants. Thinking about ordering it next week. Jus wish they had par charts for it. Want to be able to grown dbts or dwarf hairgrass

Well bad news my little accidentally broke the Ada tank
Was kinda mad at the time but jus glad he wasn't hurt or anything else. Tanks can always be replaced easily, health cant . So this happened this morning cleaned up everything. sad sad day [emoji26] guess this gives me a excuse to go big. Which today I put a post up on my Austin local forum an bought a Mr aqua 17.1 gl low iron tank for $20. Thanks ARC. So will start a new post once I get substrate an a new light . Dimensions of the tank 23.6" x 11.8" x 14.2". Jus saw that finnex planted+ came out with a new version of the 24/7 which has more reds for plants. Thinking about ordering it next week. Jus wish they had par charts for it. Want to be able to grown dbts or dwarf hairgrass

Wow that's not good. You had invested some time in to that. Like you say the main thing is the little one is fine.

Looking forward to the new build. I don't know much about finnex as they are too expensive to buy here in the UK.

Glad no one was hurt. I just dropped a tank last week and shocked we didn't get hurt.

Thanks guys. Well it does suck but all that matters is my little 3 yo is OK. Will make a thread about the 17.1 soon as I get everything together . Got all the plants an snails in a bucket with a air pump ergghb. I will be back lol

Sorry to hear about the Ada! I'm excited to see your new build. Make sure you take the time to plan it out so your happy with it ;) no need to rush.

Sorry to hear about the Ada! I'm excited to see your new build. Make sure you take the time to plan it out so your happy with it ;) no need to rush.
Thanks bert I will definitely be doing mock scapes with this tank. An be posting up picks to see what ya think? Got like a 32 or 35 lb bag of fluval stratum coming in next week. I prolly don't need that much but for 60 bucks on amazon.when my LFS sell a 8.8 lb bag of stratum for 49.99. ridiculous. Still looking for some par charts. I think I'll be fine with the new planted plus 24/7 to grow dwarf baby tears or dwarf hairgrass. Also getting a ista turbo or some crap off amazon connect it to the ehiem I'm gonna use for for the 17gl. Saw a video about sand the inside of the perpellars an the tube that the perpellars spin off an it will spin faster an better break up the co2 bubbles. It can easily be modified as well. Heard some bad reviews an some good one
https://youtu.be/eFFBi4wE4qM

I'm not sure if I Wana use Ohko stone or seiryu stone.

Ouch! Sounds like everyone is ok except the wallet!
He is lol was scared somewhat. But whenever I set up my new tank could I possibly buy some more snails from ya. Won't be for another month maybe less. Not to sure on the time line .

He is lol was scared somewhat. But whenever I set up my new tank could I possibly buy some more snails from ya. Won't be for another month maybe less. Not to sure on the time line .

I have lots of baby ramshorns popping up. I won't sell them, I'll just ask you to pay the postage. I have had members on here do the same for me and I am happy to help out another dedicated fish geek.

Thanks bert I will definitely be doing mock scapes with this tank. An be posting up picks to see what ya think? Got like a 32 or 35 lb bag of fluval stratum coming in next week. I prolly don't need that much but for 60 bucks on amazon.when my LFS sell a 8.8 lb bag of stratum for 49.99. ridiculous. Still looking for some par charts. I think I'll be fine with the new planted plus 24/7 to grow dwarf baby tears or dwarf hairgrass. Also getting a ista turbo or some crap off amazon connect it to the ehiem I'm gonna use for for the 17gl. Saw a video about sand the inside of the perpellars an the tube that the perpellars spin off an it will spin faster an better break up the co2 bubbles. It can easily be modified as well. Heard some bad reviews an some good one
https://youtu.be/eFFBi4wE4qM

I'm not sure if I Wana use Ohko stone or seiryu stone.

I'd build a Griggs or cerges co2 reactor. I'm running a cerges on the new tank and so far it's working awesome! Just google DIY cerges reactor. ;)

I'd build a Griggs or cerges co2 reactor. I'm running a cerges on the new tank and so far it's working awesome! Just google DIY cerges reactor. ;)
Ur prolly right since I do have alot more time til the next tank is up an running ?

Ur prolly right since I do have alot more time til the next tank is up an running [emoji3]

I've heard the Ista ones are abit thin and flimsy. If it breaks your canister will empty your tank in less than 15 minutes. Better to be safe than sorry

I've heard the Ista ones are abit thin and flimsy. If it breaks your canister will empty your tank in less than 15 minutes. Better to be safe than sorry

I've heard that about several similar imported products. Still on the fence about building a reactor since I am getting a nice lime green DC with a diffuser at < 2 BPS. If I did, I would start with this. It's rated for household pressure and it has a solid build.
4uWkNHl.png
Add some 1/2" thread-to-barb adaptors, a T and some reducers to tie in the CO2.

Back
Top Bottom