Last scape for 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
Man...due to school/lab work and my er...bowel problems lol. I haven't been on this forum too much. I haven't really been maintaining my tanks too well either. No matter though! I've finally finished thinking of a scape and this will be the last one for a long long time to come.

The tank:
ADA: 60P 60cm x 30cm x 35cm
Substrate: Hagen Fluval stratum
Filter: Hagen Fluval 305
Light: Hagen T5HO 48 watt lamp (lol I just happened to buy all hagen stuff)
Ferts: EI

Fauna:
glowlight tetras
otocinclus (mandatory)

Flora:
purple bamboo (poaceaa ea sp. )
ludwigia arcuata
staurogyne sp. 'porto velho
Blyxa japonica

also in tiny amounts because I like them:
Rotala mexicana 'goias' (favoritest plant of all time)
ranunculus innundatus
Hydrocotyle verticillata 'japan'

Still waiting on the manzanita from Tom barr and then I'll almost be ready to go. I still need to culture out more L. arcuata (3-4 week process) and then get rid of my old plants. So keep close to this thread because I'm going to be A. Updating this very frequently and B. giving away free plants to AA members!

The scape is going to be really based on contrasts. I really want the purple hues of the staurogyne and bamboo to play off each other and really contrast with the orangy red/green of the arcuata. The yellow of the blyxa will help break up the uniformity.

Attachments

• aquascape.jpg
    aquascape.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 194
Arcuata I bought at petsmart is growing fantastically:

Day1:
dsc02098ka.jpg

Day 3:
dsc02102wu.jpg

Day 5:
dsc02106kr.jpg

My manzanita and brass check valve is on the way and I have just enough staurogyne to plant my foreground (which is actually a lot lot lot of staurogyne). So This tank should be rolling in about 2-3weeks.

The tanks been reset for about a week now...I don't have set up pictures but it's pretty hum drum.

1 week after set up:

dsc02189ph.jpg

Things are kinda messy...still growing out some fissidens in the back and along the edges of the tank and I have some floaters in there waiting to be planted in my goby tank.

Last edited:
crepe, nice. I like the sticks, which makes me wonder if you know where to find, some diftwood that has sticks right, that kinda looks like a tree trunk. Then grow java moss or some moss on the top of the sticks to look like a tree?

Always wanted to do something like that, but my lfs never has any nice diftwood, and nothing close to a tree trunk.

Thanks Keith

Back
Top Bottom