Layout tool/program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is anybody aware of a good computer program that can be used to help in planning the hardscaping and plant placement for an aquarium? Im afraid Im not much of an artist, so just drawing it out on paper probably wouldnt be much good... (though, maybe better than nothing).

I'm not aware of any programs. I use Photoshop and draw it. You might be able to use GIMP, which is free if you don't have Photoshop, but you still need to draw.

If you have a tablet or large screen smartphone, there might be drawing apps like the free Photoshop mobile app.

You can visit Tropica.com they have a ton of layouts with plant arrangements it has been in my experience a great place to get ideas and help with understanding plant arrangements.

Thanks Brian... I'll give GIMP a try. When I said I can't draw, I meant with paper and pencil. I'm not much better with computer drawing, but it's usually easier to change things or correct mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom