LED help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYgiantsRP

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking into getting LEDs. I want go grow hearty, low light plants. It is a 20 gallon, I am looking at a marine land. It will have 51 LEDs at .06w each and and 300 lumens. Is the enough?

I am looking into getting LEDs. I want go grow hearty, low light plants. It is a 20 gallon, I am looking at a marine land. It will have 51 LEDs at .06w each and and 300 lumens. Is the enough?

I just purchased (still waiting for delivery) two of the 17" hidden LED's ... although I'm going to keep my current fixture (1x 32watt T8 floramax bulb). In a 20gal you may just have enough for low light plants. In my 75gal with just the T8, I've been able to maintain crypts, anubias and Amazon Swords.

I bought the LED's to make the tank brighter ... but the extra light should give my plants some more help.

Marineland's also coming out with Aquatic Plant LED's later this month ... supposedly. http://www.marineland.com/sites/marineland/products/detail.aspx?id=4653

Check the other threads but it sounded like the Current Pro LED Striplights were a pretty good choice as for LED. They're relatively narrow so numerous strips can be added to accomodate your needs. I've heard they're really bright. Just wanted to throw that out there so you can research it more.

Back
Top Bottom